Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Early Season Mountain Biking

Today was beautiful. In the low forties when I woke up, so I decided today would be a good day to start getting in shape for mountain biking season. After gathering all my gear back up, and really getting off to a later start than I wanted, I decided to go to Cody's version of Moab's Slickrock Trail. I was kind of nervous as I drove out and saw snow on the ground, but most of the trail had melted off. There were a few wet spots, and a couple snow bank drops, but nothing too horrible. Go Ride!!! If the weather stays the way it is supposed to, it will be a great week for it!







The drop in, also the top of the Climb From Hell














Different view, on the way back up the Climb From Hell.












The trail follows roughly six miles of this fun kind of stuff!















A cool rock formation at the bottom of a swale.














The exit of the slickrock, before dropping into the two track through Oregon Basin














The exit climb up slickrock.













The view from the desert. Slickrock follows the length of the rim.














Back at the car. Slickrock starts at the skyline.

No comments: