Monday, May 19, 2008

Cedar Mountain Downhill

No great pictures, from this little excursion I had yesterday. I just needed to take a couple of hours to get away, and I really wanted to play on some downhill. Right then, with my time frame, and with lack of a shuttle, Cedar was it. Parking, with no shuttle, or even with a shuttle, is down at the bottom of the mountain. From here, the fun begins, or at least that is what I have been told. Up four miles, give or take of switchbacks. I have always cut off early, on the fourth switchback, halfway up the mountain. From here, it was time to don the crash gear, and prepare for quick singletrack. From top to bottom, it took about twenty five minutes. There are a lot of bigger drops, at it is really easy to get way too much speed going into some of the squeezes this trail goes through. I am a slow, technical downhiller, so I didn't catch any great air, or do anything too stupid, especially since I was on my own.

Anyway, now it is time to go get ready for some kayaking fun, so, I'll maybe have another entry for tomorrow.

The ride goes down the back side of the mountain on center right, towards town.

No comments: